a Coopers in Kazakhstan: Nov 19 - Arrived Safely!!!

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Nov 19 - Arrived Safely!!!

We landed at Dulles 30 minutes early and cleared Customs and Immigration in a total of 5 minutes (after waiting 45 minutes to get off the plan and finding our luggage).

The ride back home was very quiet as we were all dead tired - Zarina slept most of the flight, but Mary and I got very little in between handoffs of Zarina to each other. Alex ended up entertaining a young military officer with tales and entertaining gameplay (at the end of the flight, I went to thank him for keeping Alex busy, but he waved me off and thanked Alex for "taking care of him").

You know how blessed you are when not only other passengers come up to you to tell you how good, polite, and well-behaved your kids are, but also the Flight Attendants. Alex continued on this trend by helping get the luggage, pushing one of the carts through customs and then helping load the van.


When we got back , I gave Zarina a little tour of the house - we started in her room (above).

And ended up in Alex's room (above).


Zarina became very excited, squealed alot, smiled and ran around (with a little help of holding onto the furniture. After dinner I took her back up and we crawled around before her bath.


When I asked Zarina how she liked her new room, she lay down on the floor and tried to go to sleep!!! I took the hint and put her to bed at 750pm. Shortly thereafter Alex passed out and I had to carry him to his bed. Mary and I conked out at 8pm.

We are home!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home