a Coopers in Kazakhstan: The Second Anniversary of our Gotcha Day!

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

The Second Anniversary of our Gotcha Day!

Two years ago we ventured on a journey of a lifetime, to a country which gave us a gift beyond measure. People invariably ask,“Why Kazakhstan?” Our answer to that question is because that was where our Daughter was. Let me explain, as this is not just a trite answer but my true and heartfelt belief. I am a Buddhist and I believe that we are connected deeply and strongly to those that we love in this life. In eastern Asian cultures there is a story that an invisible red string binds us to our loved ones and it is a connection that continues on and on for countless lifetimes. My red string happened to be 5,500 miles long and it tugged so sweetly and intently toward my Daughter in Kazakhstan. That was why two years ago we traveled to Kazakhstan. There is no doubt in my mind that Zarina was meant for us, that she is forever a part of us for countless lifetimes to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home